Gold might be the investor’s metal of choice, but don’t count out silver or the silver miner ETF. Both are dusting gold ETFs.
One of the primary reasons silver is better positioned than gold is because of its dual uses: it’s a safe-haven investment, but it’s also popular in industry.
Stocker Blog on Fav Stocks reports that silver is used in everything from circuit boards to coinage to dentistry to cloud seeding to medicine. For that reason, when gold prices are rising, silver prices are rising faster. Case in point: silver prices have shot up 8% in the last three months, while gold prices are up 1.4% in the same time frame.
The Stock Advisors on iStock Analyst reports that Silver Wheaton (SLW) is a stock to watch. Silver Wheaton pays a set price for silver, which it buys from various mines that produce silver as a byproduct, and want to offset the costs of the other metals they mine. Silver Wheaton’s growth comes from rising silver prices and more agreements with more mines.
- Global X Silver Miners (SIL): UP 13.3% in the last three months; silver Wheaton is 14.6% of SIL and its top holding
click to enlarge
Tisha Guerrero contributed to this article.
The original article is published at http://www.c2ads.net/full-text-rss/makefulltextfeed.php?url=http://seekingalpha.com/sector/gold-precious.xml&format=rss&submit=Create+Feed
- Gold Miner ETFs Riding High After Earnings
- Can Gold’s Hot Streak Continue?
- A Positive Day for Silver Wheaton Corporation
- Gold Miner ETFs Fail to Shine Despite Spectacular Earnings
- Silver May Go Lower, But It Won’t Stay There
- Silver Wheaton Benefiting From the Silver Bull
- Silver Wheaton Corporation Call Options Closed With a Profit of 79.46%
- 12 Charts That Scream New Global Panic
- An Encore Miner Long Pick: Goldcorp
- Soaring Gold Price Boosts Gold Miner ETFs